Experience Beacon's wilder side
Leave civilization far behind as you scramble over rocks through blueberry bushes and mountain laurel on the far-less-traveled trails of beautiful Fishkill Ridge.
Hike up a cool ravine, complete with a cascading waterfall, through deciduous woodlands, to experience an exemplary Hudson River Valley ridge-top ecosystem.
At the top, enjoy eagle-eye views of the valley over a curated picnic lunch. On clear days, the Shawangunk Ridge and Catskills grace the landscape view.
Trip length: 4-4.5 hours. 4.5 miles+ 1,450 ft elevation gain.
Intensity level: + 1 2 3 4 5 !
Location: Beacon, NY
Snacks provided. Picnic lunch optional.
What to Wear
- Comfortable shoes w/ good grip on bottom. Waterproof preferred.
- Clothes you don't mind getting a little muddy
- Layers! Non-cotton T-shirt or tank + non-cotton long-sleeved shirt &/or sweater
- Windbreaker &/or Waterproof jacket if there's the tiniest chance of rain
- Hat &/or sunscreen for sun protection on top of the mountain
What to Bring
- Daypack or backpack
- 1.5-2 Lit ers of water
- Camera &/or cell phone
- Hiki ng poles
What We Provide
- Eco-groovy snacks (We support local, organic, & sustainable food)
- Group First Aid & Emergency Kit
- Knowledgeable, NYS-licensed guide
- Bug repellant with DEET
Limited complimentary private transportation is available.
By car: Parking information and detailed instructions will be sent by e-mail upon registration confirmation.
By train: Take Metro North Railroad's Hudson Line from Grand Central to Beacon station. The trail head is a 5-minute cab ride from the train station.